Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

It's been over two years

mjs1163

• Members

I'm curious about others' experiences. It's been two years since my wife died at the age of 48. We had been married 20 years. It's not getting any better. In fact, it seems to be getting worse. Everywhere I go, it feels like I'm the only one without a partner, so everywhere I go is a constant reminder of what I don't have anymore. If not for my sons, I really don't think I'd be sticking around. But they need me, so I have to.

Just curious if anyone has a similar experience.

• Members

Yep...pretty much the same for me.  I was married for 32 yrs, with him for almost 34.  I can't seem to find "MY" life, it was ours for so many years.

• Members

Hey Jude - That's a good way to put it. In my situation, my wife was significantly more outgoing and accomplished than I am, so when "our life" ended, so did much of my social life.

• Members

I depended on my husband emotionally, physically, mentally.  Everything that I did was "us" if that makes any sense.  With him gone now sometimes I just don't know which way to go.  He can't be my sounding board.  Well...he can be and he is because I talk to him all the time but I haven't heard him say anything back yet....:)

Did you ever get lost from your mom in a store when you were little?  That is kinda how I feel.  Panic, scared, shy...it is no fun...

Archived