Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I lost the love of my life

brokendreams

• Members

Three weeks ago I lost the love of my life in an automobile accident. I am 36 and somehow I managed to find this beautiful 20 year old woman that showed me the true meaning of love. I had one month with the one person on this Earth I was meant to find and I am so lost without her. She was so beautiful and so brilliant. She had graduated high school at 16 and college soon after. She was very career oriented and had always told her family and friends she would never get married or have children because her career would be her priority. About 2 weeks into our relationship we were having what if type conversations about marriage and children. They terrified her at first with a look of sheer terror coming across her beautiful face. In the next few days however we had decided we would run away to the mountains next year and get married. We even had baby names picked for a boy or girl. The day she was killed I had left for a short job in Texas. When I left the apartment she was getting dressed to make a 2 hour drive to visit a friend who was having her baby that day. All day long we texted back and forth, with me receiving several pictures of her holding the baby. She informed me she had gotten a bad case of baby fever and that she would want a baby soon after we were married. I told her that was great with me! She called me when she was getting ready to leave the hospital and as always I told her to please drive safely and call me as soon as she was home so I wouldn't worry about her. That was the last time I would hear that beautiful voice. I am so empty and so lost without my baby. She was my world and I loved her more than anyone will ever know. I have lost my motivation and my will to live. I'm either in a mostly catatonic state numb to everything around me or completely broken down, crying for hours nonstop. I spend all my time talking to her and God begging that I will see her again soon. I can not imagine suffering through a long miserable life without her. When we met she lit a spark in me that I thought I'd never have. When I got the news of the accident I felt that spark die. Now all that remains is emptiness and hurt. I am no longer the person I was before that day and I know I never will be. 

post-398324-0-39939000-1413199827_thumb.

• Members

I am so so so sorry.  I honestly don't know what is worse, just having met the love of your life or being together for 34 years and then losing them.  It all just sucks.

• Members

Reading your story gave me chills i am so very sorry for your loss and hope you find some sort of peace its not easy i know i just recently signed up to this site and talking to others who have had devastating losses helps and i hope it can help you as well

• Members

Brokendreams, I feel so bad for you,I have an idea of what u are going thru.I lost my love of my life July 14th 2014 in a car accident.He was a passenger in the car.I was 16 when we married and he was 20, we were married 50 years!Now I am alone like you and it is terrible.I believe that the love of your life would want you to go on with your life! You are so young.She will always be in your heart and you have all the memories you and her made.I believe God has a plan for us all.As people tell me my life will never be the same as yours will not.But you must go on.Look to God for answers! I hope this helps u in some small way.      rosiepete

Archived