Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

greif still physically affecting me..

Tamika731

• Members

Six years ago I lost my 9 year old son. Its was after Christmas and New years day I had to decide to take him off a ventilator..worst decision I ever made...I have 3 daughters as well...Today I have been suffering from panic attacks, anxiety and ptsd. I work in a veterans home. I am affected daily by this. I decided to leave my nursing job and take a activities position in the same home I work for. Nursing was too difficult for me to do. I thought activities would help by doing fun things with the residents. Well I am still getting attacks. I have been at this job for 3 years and fear I may lose it because I miss work..I have talked to numerous thereapists and been on countless medicines...I just feel so lost I miss my son.i have horrible nightmares about not being able to save him. I feel so alone

• Members

Tamika

So sorry for the death of your 9 year old boy 6 years ago.

I too lost my boy 6 years ago, my Brian was 16. i am not a physiatrist, but I am living without my son. I have decided I wanted to be happy again. I did what I could to find happiness. One place I found happiness in on the loss of an adult child thread.

Please join us.

Colleen, Brian's Mom forever

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

Tamika,

I echo Colleens words to you. I have lost two children, one infant son and now my beloved 28 year old son two years ago. I have found the moms and dads that post in the Loss of an Adult Child thread very compassionate and helpful. (age does not matter). We can just talk and share about our children and not feel so isolated.

There are several of us that suffer from PTSD...we do the best we can to cope.

Wishing you a peaceful evening.

Archived