Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My brother killed himself 2 nights ago

alea

• Members

My father passed away when I was young. My brother killed himself in a horrible way 2 nights ago. All of my family has struggled with severe depression. He had some mental disabilities. He is my older brother and I didn't particularly like being around him because he could be really needy and annoying. Now I feel really bad for not really showing much love or support for him. Its like I can feel all the anguish that he must have been feeling. He has had a difficult life and my mom has verbally put him down a lot. Recently he has been doing better. The past week he has been reading his bible. He even wrote a goal list and was working towards his little goals. I feel resentful towards myself for not investing more love and time into him and I feel resentful towards my mom that she said things that proly sent him over the edge. I wanted to wake up today as if yesterday was just a bad dream. But it's real, my brother slit his wrists and I don't understand. I wish the world was kind and loving but I don't really think it is. I am disappointed in myself. I wish I could hug and love all the people suffering in this world. I wish this was a bad dream. I just want to wake up and hug my brother.

• Members

I recently lost my brother, but not to a suicide. The grieve is horrible but gets better each day. Find something positive out of it. You may not find the good immediately, but it will come. Maybe do something good for your other family members whom struggle with depression. Maybe schedule a family counseling session. 

Peace be with you and your family.

Archived