Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Husband, Best friend, Gone 6 months

bthomas

• Members

Death is so final, but my faith reminds me that I will see my loved one again in spirit. It has been six months now that my partner in life transitioned from this world to the next.  Time does help but there are periods when the grief is still overwhelming.  Remembering the good times, looking at photos, and spending time with other loved ones who loved him too--these things help.  Also, keeping busy with my job, school (I'm working on a doctorate) help occupy my time.  Death is a part of life.  My husband told me many times that he had a good life and was not afraid to die. Knowing that he felt that way comforts me.

• Members

I am saddened for your loss.

I lost my husband to a Health Care assistant who was allowed in my home to care for me. He blindsided me with a move for divorce and has moved in with her. This is the most painful experience of my life.

How is your life doing moving forward? 

• Members

I don't even know him (your husband) and I already hate'em. That is horrible. I'm so sorry that you have to endure something so horrifically painful and devastating as this had to have been, and at this stage of your life. I can only hope that you have family to help you through this or friends or SOMEBODY so that your not alone while trying to deal with this .. again very sorry. The Home care nurse.......Really!  What a creep.  

• Members

I of course was not speaking of your husband bthomas, please, please forgive my poorly placed rant, I'm very sorry, and meant no disrespect. I was speaking on carolann315 husband. I am truly sorry.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Archived