Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Mom's final wishes

cindyjane

• Members

Hi everyone

It's been almost 10 months since my mom's passing and last week we spread my her ashes.  It started off as a day that I wasn't sure how I would feel but the place my mom chose to have them spread was beautiful!  It was where my dad proposed to her surrounded by flowers near a lake.  The anticipation of that day got me really missing my mom but when the time came I was honored to have been the one to spread her ashes.  We had a little family service by the flowerbeds and some wonderful words were spoken about my mom and our family.  It went just as I believe my mom would have liked and I know that she would be pleased that her wishes were fulfilled. 

I want to add that during these past 10 months I've gained great strength in coming here often (almost daily) and reading everyone else's posts about their loved ones.  It helped me to see that other people had/have sleepless nights, crying spells out of nowhere, days when they feel numb, etc.  Grieving is a natural part of life, and due to the love we have of those we've lost, we will grieve.  Maybe in different ways and at different times but we will grieve.  I thank those who set up this site and keep it going...also those who come here and share.  You've helped me more than you know.

Cindy Jane

Archived