Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

How do i even go on? Losing my Girlfriend and two best friends.....

ChaseM_00

• Members

I don't even know where to begin with i am new as you can tell and my sister found you guys and encouraged me to post here. About a month or two ago (sorry memory is still foggy :/) Myself my girlfriend and two best friends were on our way home from going out and we got creamed by a drunk driver. Well i was in the hospital for a couple weeks and when i come to they tell me i was the only survivor. I had been with my girl since we were both 13 and so been together close to 10 years. We were talking about marriage i mean she was just perfect it is the only way to even say it and i miss her so bad. And on top of it my two best friends whom i grew up with are also dead and i feel like it is all my fault and i don't know what to do. My girls parents are blaming me and my best friends family's aren't talking to me. I feel so alone. Been contemplating just off'ing myself honestly. I feel so lost and alone and i i just don't know. 

• Members

ChaseM,

It does not sound like your fault if you were taken out by a drunk driver. From what you say I am guessing you don't remember too much about the accident.

You definitely require help, don't try to get by alone, please go and see a professional eg. a psychiatrist or psychologist they can definitely do something for you to try and get you through this terrible time. You may not have the support of your girls parents or those of your friends but seems like you have a caring sister at least so get support from those who care for you.

I see a psychologist and take Zoloft and the odd xanax anything to help deal with the pain until I can survive without them, I hope.

Post here whenever you want, no one will judge and you can always have a rant to let out your feelings and share with those going through the ordeal of loss.

Best wishes to you.

• Members

All I can say to you is I know how you feel with suddenly losing the one you love. I lost my husband a month ago in mh17. I'm in total shock and so overwhelmed, I can imagine you're feeling much the same. Please don't end it, everyone keeps telling me the pain lessens over time, I have to believe it, you can too if you let yourself. Please feel free to pm me, take care.

Archived