Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

The loss of the most wonderful women in my life.

Simon F

• Members

Hello Everyone.

This is my first time posting on this forum.  I thought it was time to let my feeling's go over the loss of my soul mate.

It's been a month now, since the passing of my beautiful wife, and I still can't believe it has happened.  We have been married for 20 years, 18 of those years my wife was in a wheelchair.  Despite the pain my wife was in, she would always put everybody else feelings first. Glyn is the most  beautiful, caring, courageous, lovable selfless women I have ever met.  Glyn meant the world to me...... she was my world.  Everyday when I went to work I was proud to do so, because I was supporting my wife, and when I returned from work she was always waiting with a smile on her face and arms out stretched waiting for the cuddle as I came in.  We had never been apart in the 20 years we have been together, we thrived off each other, and now I feel so guilty that I am here and Glyn isn't.  When Glyn died it was very quick, and not expected when she was taken into hospital again for the second time this year. 

I feel so lost, I wonder around our home remembering all that Glyn had done in the house, everywhere you look it had Glyn on it.  I feel so guilty, because I can't grieve, I feel so numb, so lost, so empty I just don't know what to do anymore.  My rock, soulmate and best friend has left me, the only comfort in all of this, there is a new angel watching over me, guiding me.

I'm sorry for the jibberish, but thanks for listening.

Simon F

• Members
MissingDaniel

No jibberish there, Simon.  My heart goes out to you at this time.  She sounds like a wonderful person, and I am so sorry that you have suffered this loss.  It is by far one of the hardest things you will ever do.  I lost my sweet Daniel a little more than a year ago very suddenly, and I remember that feeling of being in a daze and the emptiness.  You say you haven't been able to grieve, but that will come as the numbness wears off.  Unfortunately, you just have to ride out the feelings and do the best you can to hang on and to take care of yourself.

I hope that letting some of those feelings out here among others who understand what you are going through will help you.  Wishing you blessings and peace!

• Members

Hi Simon F,

I am going through this terrible loss as are you, I talk jibberish all the time so don't worry about that.

We just have to keep it together and try to live each day and remember that our loved ones would wish for us to be happy. The memories are both painful and joyous at the same time, I think that given enough time they will be more joyous and less painful, at least that is my hope.

My wife died following a long illness so I understand the terrible mix of emotions.

Peace and hope.

Simon L.

PS I understand those feelings about the empty house and everything is a reminder of your wonderful soulmate.

• Members

Hi Simon and welcome.  I am so sorry about the loss of your wife.  I think that being a care taker for so many years, the loss is so profound.  You will be okay though.  I know it doesn't seem like it but for some reason we do go on.  I just passed my 20 month mark.

Archived