Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of my boyfriend

Ria

• Members

I am 22 years old and I had been in a relationship with my 24 year old boyfriend for 2 years. On 30 April 2014 I stood by his bed and watched him as his soul left his physical body. He was admitted in hospital on 22 April and had been diagnosed with tonsilitis which is caused by an infection in the throat. A day later, he was diagnosed with viral pneumonia, the virus was unknown therefore treatment was done on a trial and error basis. 2 days after being admitted he was transferred to icu and put on a respiratory system. Gradually, his kidneys began failing and his lungs aswell. I visited him every morning and evening knowing that he will be out soon. I am 22 years old and I have lost the love of my life, our future together was so bright. He was the most ambitious and driven man I ever met. Today, I lay on my bed and stare at the ceiling in disbelief. We were at the prime of our lives and our relationship. I still feel as though i am in a nightmare and I will soon wake up and our lives will resume as normal. The world is not the same. Everything looks and feels different.

• Members

Oh Ria - I am so very sorry for the loss of your boyfriend.  How horrible.  Your world has changed and in a very big way.  I think that is what really knocks us off our feet so bad, that our lives are dramatically changed.  Our worlds don't change as drastically with any other death, minus a child.  Not only do we have to exist now minus our partner but all our plans and dreams for the future are gone and we have to decide if we try and make new ones or like in my case, live the rest of my days alone.  You are so very young to have to go through something like this.  I am so sorry.  You will find a lot of support here and a lot of empathy and compassion.  Hugs to you my dear.

• Members

Thank you. I'm sorry for your loss. It doesn't comfort me to know you have lost your loved one but it helps me to know that I am not alone and this hasn't only happened to me.

• Members
MissingDaniel

No Ria, unfortunately you are very much not alone.  I am sad every time I see someone new post about their loss.  I know this is just the way the world works, but it doesn't make it any less sad.  And to happen when you are so young...I am so sorry for that.  I wish for comfort for you, and for support to get you through this very hard time.  Take care of yourself and reach out when you need to.  We will be here for you if you need to come and vent or share with others who know what you are going through. 

• Members

Hi Ria

I just lost my partner of 8yrs on 8/24. He wuz diagnosed with a tumor of the brain in Jan, it grew by June. July it was found to be malignant stage 3..Surgery in Aug, went into coma..2 wk ltr he wuz gone.. I just cant believe, as u, all.the plans made, yes together are now gone..Like u I stare at the ceiling, no sleep.til.almost sunup. Its surreal. I can relate to ur pain. Plsnfeel free if u need to talk, vent or whatever pls reach out

• Members

Hi Ria.

I am so sorry for your loss. I also lost my boyfriend at a very young age, I was 24 back then. Just like you, we built our dreams together and when I lost him, I didn't know where and how to start with my life again. Just take one step at a time. I will pray for you dear.

Archived