Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Need your prayers

cindyjane

• Members

Hello everyone, thanks for being here.  It's been the support of the good people here who helped (and still help) me get through the loss of my dear mom 9 months ago. 

Since my mom passed on, I've had my dad live in the other part of my duplex (semi-independent) as he does need some help.  The day my mom passed on, my dad was in the hospital also with heart problems and had a pacemaker surgery the following day.  Since then he has functioned quite well and we've helped each other through the tough times of losing my mom.

A couple of days ago I had to get my dad to the hospital as he passed out.  He is in heart failure and has pneumonia.  All that I can do right now is pray pray pray.  I pray that he gets through this and comes back home.  This is not in my hands, but rather GOD'S hands and HE is who I am turning this over to because no matter what, I know that my dad is in good hands. 

When I first came here 9 months ago, I asked for suggestions and advice on how to get through the pain of the loss and everyone was so helpful and caring.  Thank you for that!  Today I come here and ask for your prayers for my dad. 

Take care everyone

Cindy

• Members

Hi Cindy,  I will definitely keep you both in my heart - for your dad's highest good and for your strength to love him through whatever that means for him.

<3

• Members

Thanks Heartlight

As difficult as it is to see my dad feeling so ill, I wouldn't trade a moment that I spend with him for anything.  I believe that he would be just fine if the Good Lord takes him "home" as he misses my mom so much since she left us, but he is being a trooper and trying hard to get better.  It is one day at a time for sure.

thanks again

Cindy

• Members

Hi Cindy,

I am really sorry your dad has been ill. How is he doing now? I sincerely hope that his health has stabilized and he is able to go home soon. I am praying for both of you, and I wish you both the best under the circumstances, which are dire.

You seem like a truly loving daughter, and really lucky to have had such a wonderful relationship with your mom, and to have such a strong bond with your dad too.

I am sure your dad misses your mom very much, but based on your description of him, he also does love life, so he doesn't want to leave you. Of course, we do not really choose death, it chooses each and everybody at some point, but I sincerely wish that the two of you get more time to enjoy each other's company.

Thinking of you and may God grant you and your dad a lot more time together!!!!

Warm regards,

Trish

• Members

Hi Trish and thanks so much for the words of support.  The pneumonia is cleared up but he remains very weak but 2 days ago he started nibbling on wee bits of his meals and drinking ensure.   He still mostly sleeps but is sitting up for longer periods and today when my brother from out of town visited he got off the bed and walked a bit with a walker.  I do believe that he wants to get better and is really trying.  For awhile there I thought he was giving up.  It is a day by day thing for sure.  Thanks again

Cindy

Archived