Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

First Father's Day without my Dad

mellie0302

• Members

I lost my father on 2/28/14 (my mother's birthday).  I was in Aruba when I received the call.  I immediately fall to the floor.  My father had a fatal stroke and was brain dead.  They could keep him alive 48 hours to do testing for organ donation allowing me time to say goodbye.  In my 35 years, this is the first year of first without the man who raised me alone.  The man who made me the person I am today.  I still am struggle to understand that he is gone from this Earth.  It's the most surreal experience for me.  No more Sunday calls.  No more Thanksgiving card games.  No more Gator football talk.  No one bonfires.  No more hugs.  No more words of wisdom.  No more "why yes, baby girl".  Saying I miss him doesn't even begin to cover the way I'm feeling.

• Members
Reeterskeeter

It is also my first father's day without my dad. He passed last Sunday. Tomorrow is his memorial service. The day before father's day. The pain is unfathomable. I am so sorry for your loss. Be good to yourself this weekend

• Members

I am so sorry for both of your losses.  Tomorrow will be a tough day for sure.  This past Mother's Day was the first without my mom and it wasn't an easy day but the truth is, for me every day is tough.  The good news is that through those tough moments I think some healing takes place.  Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Cindy

Archived