Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

missing him more than anything

morg

• Members

My high school sweetheart was two years older than me. We stayed together even once he left for college. For three years he consumed my life, my every thought, and my every wish. We had broke up here and there, but no matter what always found our way back together. This year was my senior year of high school and I couldn't wait to experience all of those "important" events like prom and graduation with my boyfriend/best friend. This past February (four months ago) my life changed forever. He had battled depression and anxiety for many years, but I did not know how terrible and hopeless he actually felt. That horrific day I found out that he taken his own life. My world crashed around me. Every day I wake up thinking about him and I go to sleep wishing he was next to me. I break down in tears every day. I do not know how to accept this loss. He was my everything and the thought of not spending the rest of my life with him breaks my heart into pieces.

• Members

Hang in there morg,

You are not alone with your feelings of grief, I am a male of 61 and I cry every day for my wife and the lost years we should have had together. You may have an advantage of more time left than me and although it does not seem like it now things will get better for you and you WILL have a good life. Just get through each day until you reach a better place in your life. You will never forget best friend but I am sure that you have a full life ahead and the pain will become less over time.

You did not know what pain he must have been in to end his life but depression is a terrible illness and was not your fault in any way.

Have you tried going to psychologist to help you get through this time? professional help can benefit us who are left behind.

Kind wishes

Simon

Archived