Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Financial and Practical Realities

staragenda

• Members
staragenda

My husband and I relocated from California to West Virginia in 1999 after his first heart attack and it became evident that he could no longer maintain his profession as an IBEW Electrician.   I talked him into an early retirement but since I am 14 years younger,  I was still in the job market.    We sold the house in California and bought a house in West Virginia.   I was a Welfare Caseload Worker but have not been able to get back to where I was professionally since moving to West Virginia.    It didn't matter because he had more money coming in with Retirement than I did working.   Now he is gone and I have this Job from Hades that I can't stand and this house that I can't maintain on my wages.   Suddenly I am the one who is aging and having trouble meeting the physical demand of the job.   I really need to put this house on the market and move someplace else but I get tired every time I think about it.     My hubby had a bunch of old computers that I have to get out of the house.   I also need to clear the house so that I can sell it.   My current job keeps me in a constant state of exhaustion. 

• Members

Yes there are many more physical and financial demands on us when we are left alone never mind the terrible emotional and mental demand.

Hope you get the strength to sort things out, you can only do so much by yourself so call in favors from friends/colleagues.

Archived