Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

signs

brijac

• Members

It is now four months since I lost my dear wife after 49 years of marriage.I am reading and listening to people who say they have received "signs"  from their loved ones. Can anyone help me to understand what to expect from a sign. I would like to know what to look out for if my dear wife tries to contact me  regards Brian

• Members

This happens in different ways,for instances my boyfriend of 14 yrs loved coffee but for some reason our coffee pot shuts off.The coffee pot is not broken.:-)

• Members

I see 11:11 on digital clocks ALL THE TIME!!  I've also had my husband's safe open.  No one knows the combination except me and I didn't open it.  We have a stereo that turns itself on and off and changes channels.  My bedroom door opened by itself.  There are more but I can't think of them right now.

• Members

I have had many signs since my love passed away in February. My niece was following me in her car and there was a butterfly on my car. It stayed on for a short time and then fly off headed back to my house. When we returned about an hour later, the butterfly was still there, on the back porch, where we had first seen it. A clock that hasn't worked in a long time will suddenly start ticking especially when I am having a hard time dealing with his loss. Try asking her to visit you right before you fall asleep at night. See what happens. It might not happen right away, but trust that she is very much with you. She may just be waiting for the right time to visit. Don't give up hope on that. You will know the sign when you receive it. Hope this helps and I'm sorry for your loss.

• Members

thank you so much for your replies. It is wonderful to know that so many people have had signs. They seem to take all forms and it appears that I must look out for signs that are not  the spoken word. I think I have been waiting for a voice or something similar  to  come to me. I will be grateful for ever if this is not just the end. I have to confess that I had tremendous faith which,unfortunately,has faded after my wifes passing. I pray to get my faith back . thank you Brian

• Members

After my husband died I wanted to buy alphebet refridgerater magnets so he could leave us messages. The idea of it made our boys smile and laugh which was my intent. We joked about what he would write. "Listen to your mother!" Was my thought. My oldest son was afraid he would write, "Dean, do the dishes." I regret not buying them but a small part of me was afraid he might respond which would just be creepy and a small part of me was afraid he woulden't which would just be sad. Also I was afraid of the abuse of it. I would wake up to find that HE had writen, "Buy Hudson an X box." or something like that.

Archived