Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

loss my mom to Lung Cancer

Lyllie0304

• Members
Lyllie0304

loss my mom 2 short months ago she was my best friend, my dad already has a new girlfriend and my family thinks I need mental help because I am still very raw with my loss I think about her every minute I miss her so much it hurts!

• Members

Lyllie,

It is perfectly normal to feel so raw after ONLY two months. You've suffered a profound loss. Your father may be simply trying to fill a void in his life; it is not unusual at all for spouses to try dating immediately. Professional counseling would not be a bad idea, but another good suggestion is to just talk about how you are feeling or write about it. You have come to a great place to find support and encouragement. We will be here for you.

So, when you are ready to talk, can you talk about what happened to your mom? Was it illness? Accident?

ModKonnie

• Members

Hi Lyllie,

I also lost my mom to lung cancer five months ago. I know what you are going through and from the bottom of my heart, I am as sorry for your loss as I am for mine. My life is not and will never be the same. I miss my mom every single day and I get sad and angry every day. I don't know what peace of mind is anymore. I seem to be on this roller coaster that is never ending, and I am really tired of it all as well. How much emotional pain can any human being tolerate?

I am also really sorry for your father seems to have 'moved on' very quickly, although I am sure he's doing so to avoid the pain and loneliness, or to try to avoid them, as a way to escape from it all.

You should try to talk to him and tell him how feel and how much you need his support right now.

As for the rest of your family, they are being extremely harsh and insensitive for not respecting your grieving process.

As I said, mine started five months ago, and I'm still an emotional wreck, but I have to put up a front because of work and other commitments.

I feel your pain and send you a virtual hug. So, if you ever need to talk, I am here.

Warm regards,

Trish

• Members

I just lost my mom on Friday. I imagine I will still be throbbing from this soul wrenching experience in 10 years so take your time. Healing doesn't happen over night or really ever. Your mom is such a different relationship than a father. Different in so many ways. You are not crazy you are a daughter!

Archived