Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Memorial Service

sim-law

• Members

I had the memorial service for my wife yesterday, it was the last thing I was able to do for her to get her friends and part of her family together to give her a good send off.

It has taken a lot of my time and energy to organize to make sure everyone could attend as she was cremated and did not have a funeral service. It was a beautiful service and she would have loved it.

Now the reality is really setting in that I have to live the rest of my life without my soul mate. There is nothing now to look forward for and each day will be the as lonely as the last. Everything I did before was with her in mind, planning meals and cooking, shopping for things she liked, making sure there were always flowers, thinking about what she would most like for me to buy her for Christmas/Birthdays/Anniversaries, so I could surprise her. Now I have no one to think about and time passes so slowly.

How do you find a purpose for your life? I don't even have children to lavish attention on and do not have the health to do volunteer work or anything.

post-394323-0-75879800-1400522933_thumb.

• Members
Shattered14

I wish I knew. I feel the same as you. Michael was my happiness and the reason I did anything. I loved doing things for him whether it be shopping, making him something to eat, buying him gifts, etc.. Sharing life with him was all I wanted. Doing the simple things were wonderful because I was with him. We had so many plans and were so very happy together. Now I am so sad, hurt and lonely. All I want to do is be with him. I dont know how to find a purpose because I dont have one. All I can say is that I am so very sorry for your loss because I know the pain you feel. Try not to think ahead because it hurts too much. One hour...one minute at a time.

Archived