Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

it's been 4 months now....

ospreymoon

• Members
ospreymoon

Hello everyone,

newbie here to this site. I found you guys on a websearch because i'm feeling really down past few days & i guess i'm looking advice or some type of support. It's been 4 months now, since i lost my best friend, my wife. she died january 20th 10 days before her 40th birthday. she fought a long hard battle with brain cancer. 12 years. Everybody keeps telling me that it'll get better, but i don't think it's ever going too. we were together everyday for 19 years, & now here i am alone & i just don't know anymore. It's too quiet around here, but yet i don't really care to leave. Today is a beautiful day outside, it's much cooler than it has been lately & all i want to do is go to sleep. I'm losing interest in everything. I guess because everything that i used to enjoy doing, we did together. So now i don't know which way to turn. anyhow, it is what it is. thanks for listening......

• Members

Hi Osprey,

Its only been 4 weeks and 4 days since the light went from my life so I am even newer at this terrible pain than you. I never really thought about us parting although my wife had been sick for a long while it all seemed to be long away in the future. I had no idea that anything in life could be this bad and I have had some rough times in my 61 years.

All we can do is try to get by each day on its own, I can only hope that it will get better for all of us but I really have no idea. I hope your wife did not suffer too much but now like mine she is at peace and is free of all the tests and doctors and treatments and medicines.

I am lost like you.

Archived