Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my Mother and Best Friend

Andry1130

• Members
Andry1130

On April 16, 2014 I received a phone call that shattered my world into pieces. My mother who was 53 years old died of a Pulmonary Embolism as a result of a post-surgery complication. She was young, healthy and beautiful. Her death has been surreal. I feel like Im in an emotional roller coaster. One minute Im strong and I feel good. The next minute I miss her so much I feel like Im dying inside. She was the most important person in my life. We did everything together. We spoke on the phone all day long. I  feel like Im in a bad dream and I just want to wake up. Im only 24 years old and I need my mother. I need her to be at my wedding and help me with my  future children. I feel like she was taken from me way too soon and I don't know how to cope with such a huge void in my life.  My brother who is 22 lives away because he is in the U.S. Navy so now its just me and my dad at home. He doesnt show emotion ever so he acts completely normal meanwhile Im dying inside and that makes me feel like Im going crazy. 

-ALH

• Members

Andry1130,

I am so sorry about the loss of your precious mother. Perhaps you should join a support group so you will have others to share your feelings with. Do you have other friends or family to talk to about the loss of your mom? Losing such an important, priceless part of your life is so difficult. Are you taking care of yourself? Are you eating? Sleeping? Are you working?

We will be here for you.

ModKonnie

• Members

Hi,

I´m really sorry for the loss of your mom, but I want to asure you that all those feelings are normal, they don´t cal grief a rollercoaster ride for no reason, in the first weeks/months you´ll be all over the place, you´ll go from sad to angry, from laughing to guilt and the list goes on.

It´s not helpful now, I know, but as time goes by the feelings stop being so confusing and even though they´ll come and go, they´ll give you bigger breaks between them...

Regarding your dad, don´t think he´s not hurting, people just grieve and show it differently, if you feel comfortable enough tell him how you feel and ask him how he feels, sharing the pain we´ll help you see you´re not alone.

When my dad died, as I was the only one close to him, around my family I tried to act normal, but was hurting inside, I´d cry alone in my room every night before sleeping, maybe your dad does the same...

Talking about it helps, if you don´t like talking, write, just let it out and don´t hold it in.

If you need anything, feel free to text me.

Hang in there

• Members
Daddysgirlalways1983

Reading ur story gave me chills. My Dad died april 13 but he was so much more. We were best friends and no topic was off limits. He was my hero and my 1st true love. I ended up being his care taker which made that strong bond even stronger. Im 31 married with 3 kids and I must continue with life for that reason but I wish he could see that part of me died. People always want to tell me what to do but screw it. I just want to get in bed and cry until I feel better. I wish u the best of luck in this process!

Archived