Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

So now I'm angry!!!

Tryingtohavehope

• Members
Tryingtohavehope

I found out today that Keith told his sister...sis I dont want to fight anymore Im tired...and he died that next morning!!! Im now soo angry at him because I feel like he gave up on us and what we had together! And that he gave up on his sister and his nephews too! I know he was in pain but he was the strongest man Ive ever known and I just wish he wouldve told me he was tired of fighting so I couldve said goodbye and let him go! :( I HATE DEATH!!!

• Members

Can you imagine being so sick and so tired that giving up is all you can do??  Don't be mad at Keith.  He probably couldn't say that to you because it would hurt too bad and he didn't want you to hurt any more than you all ready were.  He didn't give up on you two, he was sick.  You have to look at it for what it was.  It is ok to be angry as that is all part of this grief.  But be angry with the illness, not with him.  When someone gets so sick to the point where they welcome death they have to be pretty darn sick.  It isn't like they can push their selves into dying.  I think a lot too about how my husband just died.  He was all alone in his room at the rehab and he just died.  I was 80 miles away, I had no idea what was going on.  I saw him the evening before and he seemed fine.  But his body was so tired of fighting so hard to get better, he just couldn't do it anymore.  Plus, I have heard that a lot of times people who are sick will only go when the people who they love the most are not around.  Kind of opposite of what we'd want but it does make sense.

• Members
Tryingtohavehope

Thanks! That is very true! Good point too about them going when the people they loved the modt arent around! I really think that was his case cause his sister and him were close and him and i were close but he went with neither of us there! I know it was his sickness and the pain that took him but sometimes it just seems too easy to be angry at them instead! If that makes sense?! Lol!

• Members

I think if your angry at him allow yourself to be angry at him! It might not seem 'right' to some people but give yourself permission to acknowledge your anger and express it. My fiancé was killed in a truck accident... Wasn't even his fault. And some times I feel angry with him. Because he left. I know he didn't want to leave me but hey, if my mind and heart is screaming at me saying "today I'm so damn angry with you Stew" I just go with it.

Then the guilt and sadness sets in again and we go through it all again. Don't try and feel what you 'think' you should feel. Just feel it for what it is.

• Members
staragenda

I remember that anger well.   I just accepted it as part of the grieving journey - let it flow - and realized "This too shall pass"

Archived