Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

universe of pain

sosad66

• Members

on April 3, 2014, my father passed over at the age of 80 due to metastasized cancer.  In some ways, I had been mentally preparing for it for a long time - many illnesses in the last 5 years, etc.  On April 29, 2014, my mom was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer - and now I can't function, but I need to be strong for her - as it is with everyone here, there is so much to do, prepare for, etc - treatments, financial straightening out,, organizing help for her (she also takes care of 3 handicapped people that arrangements need to be made for while she's going through treatment).  The docs believe they can treat it - and though they know there is no cure, they are fairly positive they can give her some quality time and comfort with treatment.  My mom is so healthy in every other way.  She's 72, and until this last week (with the weird sudden onset of symptoms that were never there before) she was teaching aerobics 2x a week.  I can't stop crying - whenever I'm not with her I'm in breakdown mode.  I keep telling my dad he can't take her yet (they have been divorced for 45 years but were always best friends.  Help me, please

• Members
cindyjane

I am so sorry for the recent loss of your dad.  As well for the difficult news about your mom.  She does sound like a strong person and that means there is much HOPE for her with the treatments.  I find that keeping a hopeful and positive attitude really helps us as well as the loved one going through the health problem.  Never ever give up hope because I've seen many people give up after a diagnosis and they are still here doing quite well. 

Take care

Cindy

Archived