Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Mom's birthday and Mother's day

Jillbus

• Members

Today is my Mom's birthday.  I have been without her in this world since Christmas eve.

It is killing me.  I always made the biggest deal out of her birthday.  I also have Mother's day to face.

I miss her so much...I don't know how I have made it this far.  Just needed to tell this to people who understand...

Thanks for listening

• Members

Hi Jill,

I hear you and feel for you today and on Mother's Day. I also made a huge deal out of my mom's birthday, Christmas and Mother's Day. I always talked to her, wrote to her, bought something really special for her, planned trips with her, etc. Part of me is gone now, I've changed, as I am sure you have too. My mom's passing is also killing me. Our situations and circumstances may be different, but the overwhelming pain, nostalgia, longing, sadness, anxiety, fear over the loss of our dearly beloved moms are the same, very deep and strong.

I hope that you can cry a lot today and remember your mom and all the wonderful times that I am sure you both shared. She's with you in spirit, she's with your dad, and you will be together again at some point, and so will my mom and I. We need to hold on to that, and to the good things around us. They will help us survive as we have for the last nearly five months (unbelievable).

The pain will not end, dark times will come and go, mostly come, for how long, we don't know. We can only pray that the sadness decreases and is we are filled with hope, faith, love and joyful memories of our beloved moms.

I struggle every single day, and I cannot contemplate the future, I just live one day at the time, that's all I can manage, that's all I can do, at least for the time being.

Warm regards,

Trish

• Members
Bonitaellada

My moms birthday is also this month. It's been 2 months 1 week since she passed. It's going to be a very sad month.

And yes Jillbus we do understand. You are not alone.

Hugs to all

Archived