Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I trying to deal with the loss of my mother, this is the first time I have experienced death.

Mommasbabygirl

• Members
Mommasbabygirl

I'm screaming for help right now, my boyfriend suggested this site.

I lost my mother January 26, 2014, she was my best friend, she had a stroke in Oct 2012, she lived with me after that.  I'm virtually an only child and she was a widow, I lost my mom and dad in one day.

I'm having a hard time moving on, I want to go with her.  If anyone has any suggestions on how I can deal with this please let me know.

• Members
ModKonnie

Mommasbabygirl,

I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your precious mother. So when you say you are virtually an only child, does that mean you don't have any siblings? Or do you not have any you can talk to?

You've come to a good place to get some support and encouragement. One of the best things you can do is to talk about how you feel. You can do that here, or you can write in a journal, or perhaps there is a support group in your hometown that meets. You've just suffered a profound loss, so things are going to feel so unsettled and uncertain. But, in time, you will feel better. I know that doesn't help now, but just keep talking to us and to everyone. Don't try to bottle up your feelings, no matter whether you feel angry, bitter, afraid, scared, lonely, or anything else--just feel them.

Do you have aunts or uncles? Close friends?

We will be here for you.

ModKonnie

• Members

Mammasbabygirl,

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your dear Mamma.

I just wanted to say, you lost your mom in January... Still very early in your grief. They say that we feel the strongest grief between 3-6 months after the passing of a loved one, and I believe that to be true. Of course you are having a hard time moving on... You don't need to worry about moving on at this time... Just grieve your beautiful mother. I used to say - the fact that I got out of bed today and put one foot in front of he other... Is me moving on. Some days that was all I could do - it was all I expected. Be kind to yourself. Your journey will get easier with time, as you learn to live with your loss. I'm sure there are not many of us who have not felt at some time that we want to go with our loved ones. But, that feeling passes. Find some support, someone to hold you when you cry and listen when you talk. On this site, or with a friend or counsellor. My heart goes out to you.

• Members
missingmymama

I am so sorry this is happenning to you. I have no words of encouragement. Like I said on the other thread, I am just trying to live each day one step of a time. The only reason I am still alive and did not kill myself is because I dont want my death to cause my bf upset or my relatives upset. If they one day died and/or end their relationship with me or we become distance, I will just end my life. I was a one in six billion diamond to my mom, with her gone, i am just a nobody. That will never change because my mother is not coming back and I dont care about this life anymore. I just breath.

Archived