Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Mother's Day

cindyjane

• Members
cindyjane

As Mother's Day approaches I am sure that I am not the only one wondering how that day is going to go.  I lost my mom this past October and my family has already gotten through her birthday without her, and our first Thanksgiving and Christmas without her.  As tough as those days were, we all got through them.  We had to, there is no other choice ... she is gone but we are still here and we kept telling each other that she would want us to go on and move forward with life.  I think all parents would want that for the children they leave behind.  That thought is what got me personally through those special days and all other days.  I would like to plant that thought in the hearts of others here as Mother's Day approaches if you have lost your mom.  Just think about what your mom would want for you.  I hope this helps anyone else out there who has to face Mother's Day without your mom there.  Take care everyone.

Cindy

• Members

Hi Cindyjane,

I went through father´s day and although I never paid much attention to it, it was weird... I went to work and then out for dinner, but a few days later there was his birthday, Easter and then death´s anniversary

• Members
cindyjane

Hi

So sorry about the loss of your father.  Yes, there are many "firsts" that we go through in that first year.  I don't usually like to look into the future because we never know what tomorrow will bring but I am guessing that the first anniversary of a parents death is a tough one.  Who am I trying to kid ... for me right now, parts of every day are tough.  It sounds like you are continuing to live your life.  I am sure that is what your dad would like and that he would be happy about that.  Take care

Cindy

• Members
Bonitaellada

I don't know how Mother's Day is going to go. This is the first without mom. I'm dreading that day already. Mom's birthday is also in May. I guess this is going to be a very sad depressing month for me. I know I am not alone. Take care all

• Members

I am avoiding all shops and ads, online and on TV, about Mother's Day, and that day I will do my best to avoid any restaurants and public places on the actual day. I know it's pure denial, and you cannot keep the world at bay. However, this is the first time ever, without my beloved mom, and I have had a terrible time since the fourth month anniversary of her passing, that I cannot imagine feeling worse than I have. I am sad and scared every day, so I don't see how a commercial holiday could make it worse. However, I'm still trying to avoid all the fake paraphernalia that goes on with it, as for me, mother's day was every single day, and still is, will always be, until death bring us together again.

I wish everybody the best of luck surviving that day and every other, more important festivities such as birthdays, Christmas and so on.

Warm regards,

Trish

• Members

I am sorry for your loss. I too lost my mom in October and my dad in July. This will be the first mothers/fathers day without them. the holidays were soo tough esp since they both passed away in such a short period. So, yeah I hear ya I don't know how to get through the day either. At least we all understand how hard it is and have each other. Most people dont seem to get it. I too wish everyone luck in making it through the day.

Archived