Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

This pain is so unbearable

msmouse

• Members

It's been almost 3 months since I lost the love of my life. Reminders of him are everywhere!! Some days this pain is so intense, the longing for him and missing everything about him. I feel like I am going crazy sometimes!! I feel so overwhelmed with what lies ahead of me. I try to just live for today and not look ahead, but it's downright hard to do. I feel so disconnected from everything right now. Family and friends try to  help but I truly don't believe they understand just how hard it is. I feel like I have no purpose anymore. When Jerry died, I did too. Everyone says you have to get out and do things. How can I when I hurt so bad and being around all these happy people just makes it worse. I hate this!!!

• Members

I know and recognized every word you wrote - I've been through this twice - 22 years apart. I've lost two husbands. At 3 months out you are probably just at the verge of coming out of shock and the real pain begins to set in. I'm 18 months out from my last loss. It is, without a doubt, the hardest thing you'll ever have to do. You find you are in limbo - in the transition from being a couple with a future ahead of you to being all alone with no known future. And yes, it is too difficult to "get out" - all those normal, happy people around you just remind you of what you have lost. I am so sorry you have to go through this. Try to just to today. Set simple, do-able goals for that day only. Some days it will be only "get out of bed" and "eat something sitting down". I'd like to help you. Feel free to reach out. 

Pat

Thriving Despite Grief

• Members

I feel your pain. I lost my fiancé just 3 weeks ago. Surely I am dying of a broken heart. I wish I went with him.

• Members

Thank You both for understanding. I work everyday which is good for me. It's hard also because we had just purchased a house and had not even fully moved in yet. I can't even stay there yet. The place were we lived before is filled with lots of memories and our belongings. With every piece I remove from there it feels like another part of us is gone. I know it will never be the same, but this is hard. My heart goes out to both of you. I too wish I went with him. In a lot of ways, I guess I did. I am sorry for your loss as well. Thanks for listening

Archived