Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I wonder if....

mwruby1

• Members

At this very moment I am thinking about my dear mother.... She use to have this snoppy teddy bear she absolutely loved. I currently have it, in which every time I look at it I think of her. It even smells like her too... Well, I happened to see the teddy bear sitting in my computer chair, which made me think about her and wondered if she would ever come to me in a dream...

I thought this because when my dad died of cancer, three years ago, he came to me a couple times in a dream, to let me know he was ok...it was so real. The location he was at in my dream was so bright...sunny, with the most beautiful flowers and grass I have ever seen. He even told me to focus on school, to not give up because I had been depressed about school not happening so quickly for me. I thought what a way to allow you to know your loved one is happy and at peace. Now that my mother has recently passed away she has yet to come to me. I have been waiting for her since the day she died because it was such a horrible time for me, still is, but her coming to me letting me know she is better than she ever was her on earth and to not worry about her. Truth is her not coming to me bothers me greatly because I don't know if she's actually ok. My mother did not like being alone..... 

I wonder if any of you had ever dreamt of your loved one. If so, did it make you feel better in dealing with your loss?

• Members

Bella,

I never had those kind of dreams about my dad, I only had 2 dreams that I remember vividly, shortly after he died I had 2 dreams in different situations, but both ended up in the same way, I would get home or somewhere else, see him and say: "You didn´t die after all!"

I woke up feeling weird after that, I don´t recall any dreams of him saying he was ok or not, I believe that was comforting for you when it happened and I wish the same could happen to me, although I think I´d find it weird.

• Members
Bonitaellada

Yes 3 times since my mom passed almost 2 months ago. I wake up in tears and very depressed. I am glad that those dreams make you feel better.

People tell me that I will feel better with time. In fact I feel much worse now.

• Members

I am really glad that I dream often of my mom, sometimes I don't remember the dreams, but I always know when I have had them. They're usually good dreams, she's in great form, like she was most of her life, although sometimes, in the back on my mind, and in my dream, I know that she's sick and will die, but it doesn't happen, life just goes on as always, full of promise, laughter and good surprises. Pity life isn't at like a dream, in fact, it's tough and one has to fight every single day, with one's own demons and problems, and with day to day problems.

I speak with my mom every day and ask her to come back to me in my dreams, which she often does, and I am so grateful for it. I wish the dream never ended, and we could be together forever. I guess we will again, one day. I live for that time now.

I did not use to be like this. I was always a very energetic person, always positive, like my mom, but part of me is gone when she left this world, leaving me just with a shell of my old self.

Warm regards and best wishes to all.

Trish

Archived