Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Is it normal?

mwruby1

• Members

I have times where I feel as if I am OK, and handling my mother's death a bit better than before. Then it hits me that she's not here anymore.... Is it normal to be forgetful at times, which I have to remind myself she really is not here with me anymore? Once I remind myself she isn't here anymore, and or look at her picture reality seeks in.....I become so angry, yelling, crying, no appetite, cannot sleep, I feel overwhelmed with saddness, which makes me feel as my world is ended. Could it be I am trying to block it out? I am medicated at the moment as well, which is for aniexty. I am trying to understand why I tend to have mixed emotions because I know this is a very difficult time for me. I love my mother more than anything, but I feel I am not able to grieve.... 

• Members

Hello Carmen's daughter.

I too sometimes forget that my Mum is dead. I think of something and think, "I must tell Mum that" or I see something and think "Mum would like that". For me grief comes in waves. 

You say that you are not able to grieve. I think that what you are describing is grieving. 

Be kind to yourself.

How long has it been since your Mum dies?

Wendy127

• Members

Hello Carmen's daughter.

I too sometimes forget that my Mum is dead. I think of something and think, "I must tell Mum that" or I see something and think "Mum would like that". For me grief comes in waves. 

You say that you are not able to grieve. I think that what you are describing is grieving. 

Be kind to yourself.

How long has it been since your Mum dies?

Wendy127

She died on March 20, 2014.....

Wow... A month and five days ago...

Archived