Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

ex spouse

praised74

• Members

My husband passed away 8 months ago.  We were together 36 years, but his ex still thought he belong to her.  She married twice after him but went back to his name after her third husband died.  Two days after the funeral his daughter called asking for the death certificate. I listen to the voice mail and deleted it.  His children have been greatly influenced by their mother so there was no relationship with them.  These are adults ages, 49 to 56 years old, but are still under the dominance of their mother.  They are very greedy always scheming,  trying to get money and  this time got caught up in their own mess.  Somehow Social Security declared her dead the same day my husband died and it took her four months to get it straightened.  She lost her own pension, her health insurance and life insurance.  I was not eligible because I have a large pension and I also got his two pensions.  I have never been a greedy person and I believe the Lord provides whatever I need.  But she felt she was, in her mind she was still married to him.  They tried their best to separate us, but what they meant for evil, God meant it for good.  She was eligible because they had been married for more than ten years. I was so struck by his picture when they interviewed her on the news about SS making errors and declaring people dead who was still alive. I know she used his picture from the obituary because she didn't have any pictures of him.  I have not spoken to them since the funeral, August 5, 2013, nor do I want to.  The one that connected us has gone to Heaven and I have four beautiful children who are productive in the workforce. 

• Members

I am so sorry for your loss.  And sorry that you have to deal with an ex like this!!  What the heck is her problem??  I think your handling it just right...no contact with any of them.  And yes, the Lord does provide everything we need.

Archived