Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I lost my Husband 3/24/14

Polstonsince08

• Members
Polstonsince08

I'm Just Lost. One min im fine and next im busting out in tears. I just miss him so much. I have to be stong for our little girl. I have tons of people helping me but None of them really unders stands.

• Members

Oh my dear, I'm so sorry :(

I'm sure that someone else on this forum will be able to tell you about their experience and maybe you can gain some understanding for yourself through that.  I've not lost a husband so cannot imagine :(

What I do know is that it is good that you are reaching out like this.  If you have a close friend or family member that you trust, you can sometimes just ask them to listen.  People who love us and who are trying to support us really do want to help, they just don't know how.  It know it's difficult, but sometimes you just have to ask for what you need.

But if that isn't possible, I am glad that you have at least expressed yourself here.

You will find that what you are feeling is natural, in all its craziness.  And accepting your tears when they come can sometimes be the best kind of strength.

Please feel free to share more.  I'm sure that others on the forum would love to express their support as well for anything you want to express here.

We can't take the pain away, but maybe expressing here can help you to feel a tiny bit more strength for when you're taking care of your little girl.  And it is so new for you, this is a most difficult time, it is a great and tragic ripping of our heart and soul sometimes.  Please, please be gentle with yourself.

<3

• Members

Yes, the first several months are going to be extremely rough.  I have 15 months under my belt and while I still miss my husband very much I have seemed to have made a lot of progress.  Sure, I still cry at times and he is forever on my mind.

I think the first month you are just numb...plain ass numb and in shock.  Once that starts to subside a little bit the reality of your situation starts to set in and that is where the real pain starts.

Can you share a little bit about your story with us?  Was this a sudden loss?  No loss is any different from the other but it does seem that the accident losses are a little bit harder to deal with.

I am so sorry that you are in this predicament and had to join this forum.  My condolences for your loss.

• Members
Polstonsince08

I'm so sorry it took me so long to respond back it just been hard on us. this is what happend. My husband  was really sick in the summer 3 months in ICU and a month in physical therapy. he has a trach and a colostomy. he was doing so good where this may they was going to start to remove the colostomy .the day our little girls party he got sick and we took him right to the Er bc he had a temp of 102.7 and talking out of his head the next day he call me at 4 wanted to know if i was going to come up and i was then he let me go bc the dr came in at 430 the dr was talking to him cutting up my husband was fine then at 5 i get a call he coded. took 30 to get him back they was moving him to icu he coded took them 15 to bring him back. he took his last breath with all of us and his family at 10. they said it was pulmonary hypertension. It happend so fast

Archived