Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

How do I know when I am ready to go back to work

Steph123

• Members

I lost my husband on 9 March and people are telling me it may be best if I try and go back to work.  My employers are being very sympathetic at the moment and are not pushing me, but how will I know if I am ready to go back. At the moment I have mixed feelings, one day I want to go back the next day I don't. 

• Members

I had just under two weeks off.  It really was good to get back to work because it kept my mind busy.  I just explained to everyone that there would be tears.  Hell, if I had my way I would have never gone back but I had too.  I have to support myself now without any help and it is stressful to say the least. 

• Members

Did you find it hard to concentrate when you first went back to work as I'm having that problem at the moment or did you find throwing yourself back into work helped with your concentration?

• Members

It actually helped with my concentration while I was here.  There were times where I'd just get overwhelmed and have to sit back but that is to be expected.  It may not be the right thing for you, we are all different.  All you can really do is give it a try.

Archived