Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My Sammie Girl

frankly

• Members

16 years ago, almost 17, I met this baby chihuahua.  I was at the flea market and saw her.  She was a rare color, blue, and oh so cute.  A tall man had her in his arms.  He wanted her but his girlfriend wanted no part of a Chihuahua.  So I stood back and watched, waiting, hoping and praying that those strangers would put her down.  They finely did after a long harrowing time.  In two seconds flat, she was in my arms.  I don't know what it was about her but the moment I set eyes on her, I knew she belonged to me.

The man that had held her and wanted her so bad, turned out to be Jerry.  We figured it out later on when we met.  He told me the story about a puppy that had captured his heart that his girlfriend wouldn't let him have.  He said some lady had snatched her up almost before he sat her down.  We didn't know it at the time, but that was the first time I ever touched Jerry.  I was the lady that had gotten that puppy.  My hand had actually brushed his as I picked her up.

My Sammie Girl.  She loved me so much, she loved Jerry so much.  She gave me the strength to hold on so many times in life.

I lost my Sammie Girl today.  I laid her on Jerry's pillow and I held her head as she passed away.

My baby girl is gone.  Just like Jerry.   I'm devastated.

She is with my Sonny Boy and Jerry now.  All three left me behind.  I'm beginning to think I'm being punished somehow.

My sweet sweet Sammie Girl is gone.

• Members

Oh frankly - I am in tears with you right now.  This just breaks my heart.  What a beautiful story.  You are not being punished.  I feel the same way sometimes.  When I look back at all the people that I have loved and lost it is such a sinking feeling.  They have just transitioned to the other side before us.  For some strange reason the Universe must have something left for us to accomplish here before we can move on.  I promise you, when you pass over, Jerry, Sammie and Sonny Boy are going to be waiting for you.  Plus all the other people and pets who passed through your lifetime.  I think a lot of people are going to be oh so pleasantly surprised.  It is all so simple and it makes such perfect sense.  There is no way that I cannot believe this.  God is love and love lives inside all of us.  It is that simple.

I dread the say my fur babies leave me.  I really do like my pets more than I like a lot of people.  I love my pets unconditionally,  Let yourself grieve for your baby. I am so very sorry.  I wish you were a neighbor, I would come stay with you.

• Members
MissingDaniel

Frankly, I am so sorry.  That truly is a beautiful story, and I can only imagine how difficult it is to lose her after everything you've been through.  Sending {HUGS} your way.

• Members

What ever doesn't kill you makes you stronger right?  Bull ****.  I used to be a strong person.  I have seen and faced some things through life that would horrify you.  I stood strong, fought hard and persevered.  I had the future to fight for.  The future is here now, and it sucks.

I've finely been broken.  Now I'm afraid of my own shadow.  The phone rings and I cringe.  I'm ready to jump out of my own skin at any given moment.  Just waiting for the next loss.  The next  "I'm so sorry to have to tell you this but........." 

Ughhhhhh................. 

Sorry for the rant.  I can't seem to get angry about Jerry dying but the anger is starting to flow from loosing Sammie Girt too.  Just needed to get it out.  I guess it's a good thing no one is here to yell at.

post-386570-0-21082700-1396975427_thumb.

• Members
nammi_nammi

I'm so sorry for your loss.  I lost my 10 cats to fire in December, and sometimes the pain is unbearable, even after 4 months now.  Actually today has been a rough one, and I've been crying off and on the most of it.  Losing a pet is devastating.  Your story is amazing, though, and proof for me that life works in mysterious ways sometimes, and that's pretty much what keeps me going.  You don't know what is around the corner.  Hopefully something good.

• Members

Awwwwww...what a little cutie pie all curled up in her beddy. She had a good long life frankly.  Not a lot of dogs get that many years.  I know that doesn't lessen the pain.  In dog years your little Sammie Girl would be over 115 yrs old.  My little Molly Girl is going on 91 in doggie years and she acts like it too.  It hurts her to walk, she has arthritis so bad, she sits and shakes constantly and her teeth are all worn down.  Poor baby.  I will die when she goes, she was my husband's dog.  I can barely even think about it without crying.  But I have decided that when she does go, to honor her I am going to adopt a rescue.  Maybe you can do something like that?  It won't take the pain away but it will give you something else to think about.

Archived