Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Why now?

Frazzled

• Members

My son died on the 7th of May last year. This pass year is kind of a blur too me, but I find that now coming up to 1 year since he died I am worse. To start with and currently it's just been anger. Now I'm constantly depressed, my anxiety sets in and I shut down finding it hard to deal with every day things, I'm missing him more then ever, and freaking out about my 3rd old. If I do become happy then it feels like I plummet into this deep state of nothing ness.

How do you fix this? And why is my grief coming on now? Why not before???

• Members

Frazzled

My son died 6-19-2008.

For me, the second year was worse than the first. The 1st year was filled with shock and dis-belief. The second year is reality. Reality that my son really did die at age 16 and he is not coming back in the physical form.

You are not going crazy, the second year is worse. The 3rd year begins some healing.

I am at the 5.5 year mark and I can tell you my life is much better than at the 1 year mark.

Be kind to yourself. Your mind is still trying to learn its place in the world,

Colleen, Brian's Mom 4ever

• Members

Why is it so hard the second year? I don't understand it. I'm so sorry for your loss I can't imagine loosing my teenager.

Archived