Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of father, his wife is being impossible, help!

jennlind72

• Members

I am needing some advice and direction. My father, 65, died about 10 days ago from lung cancer. His wife, not my mother, is being beyond cruel in my opinion. I had to find out online when and where the funeral was, was NOT included in the meeting with her, her daughter and the minister performing the funeral. Had to call the minister to ask to speak at the funeral. She told the minister she did not want me speaking because I might say something bad about her or him during the eulogy! how could ANYONE do that, regardless of their feelings about the other person??? There were NO pictures of my brother and family or me and and my family, only her family and my dad at the visitation and funeral1 They were only married 8 years! I am so hurt and angry....what do I do with the anger. I know I need to let it go but I don't know how. My husband is not supportive. I am turning to strangers for support. Any help would be appreciated..

• Members
ChelseaRaeMiller

Be angry. You have every right to be. You're not responsible for anyones decisions but your own. Unless there are things of your dads that you would like. Just cut all ties from her and move on with your own grief. But its okay to be angry. You can't try to bottle the anger up cause in the long run..it only hurts us. It sounds like that's exactly what she wants, is you to hurt. So be angry at her. Be angry at the world. Let it all out. That doesn't mean cause a rampage :) just be stubborn. Be selfish. Think of yourself right now. We have to take time to put ourselves back together.

Some people get off on hurting others.

Its a shame.

Wishing you peace.

I'm extremely sorry for your loss.

Chelsea.

• Members
Kntuckyrain

Hello. I am so sorry fir your loss. My Dad died of COPD on 2/14. My stepmom got everything and I am having a hard time of it. I don't have any advice, just wanted to say I am sorry. Is your Mom still alive? Did your Dad have a will? Any of your other blood family to help or talk to your stepmonster?

Archived