Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

my mom has been gone 5 days

sarah1681

• Members

my mom was 53 she would have turned 54 today its so hard that she wasnt here for her birthday it was very sudden she was fine wednesday night when i talked to her and she died thursday morning in her bathroom she was getting ready for work and never left the house that day my 19 year old brother found her thursday afternoon and tried to revive her but she had been gone for hours already its so painful im in my 30s and i dont have my mom anymore she was my best friend we talked EVERY day i never missed a day talking to her i just want to hear her voice,give her a hug and just tell her i love her again its not fair im so angry,hurt all rolled into one my mind is so cloudy confused i dont know what im doing half the time i want her back but i know thats not possible i released some balloons today for her birthday and wished her a happy birthday in heaven.

• Members

I know how you're feeling.  My mom died yesterday (and these words still don't even feel real when i'm typing them).  She was my best friend- we spoke every day on the phone.

She had cancer, but I don't think I ever believed that this would happen.  She was in hospital for something minor, and it escalated over 4 days into ICU.  We were with her to say goodbye.

I feel like I'm in a cloud.  Like I can't imagine how to go on without her.  How can I ever get married or have kids? I need her.

• Members

My deepest condolences to you both.  I can honestly say that I know how you feel.  It's been 6 months since my mom left us and the best way I can describe how I felt is RAW.  I really like what you did for your mom in releasing balloons and wishing her a happy birthday in Heaven.  I believe that is exactly where our dear moms are right now.  I also believe that one day we will be reunited with all of our loved ones who have passed on.  Until then I try to live as my mom did, always being kind to others.  Take care ........ Cindy 

• Members

Hello Sarah,

I understand exactly what you are going through. My mother died 7 days ago...when I write, my mother died, I can't believe she's actually gone. This heavy feeling of pain settles in my chest. I can relate to you,when you shared you will miss the phone calls, hugs shared, telling each other I love you, comforting each other, being supportive, etc. I find it difficult to do anything; however, I do pray, when it gets tough, which seems to help for a couple hours until I am crying again. This is the most hurtful situation I ever had to go through. I don't know if I will ever be able to cope. I basically wanted to share with you that I feel your pain. I am open to chat with you whenever you feel hurt, need to vent, etc. Support is very important during this painful time....

• Members

It has now been three days. Can't eat. Sleep with Ativan. I am terrified of the viewing tomorrow and the funeral on Saturday. My aunts have been a great comfort- they remind me of her.

How long can I be off work? Going back next Monday is insane. Am I just dealing worse than others? How do people get over this pain?

Archived