Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

i lost my mom

sarah1681

• Members

i lost my beautiful 53 year old mother on 3/20 she died suddenly she seemed to be healthy still not sure what happened waiting for the autopsy to come back i just dont understand im sad,mad,depressed,in shock still  :(

• Members

Hi Sarah

I am so sorry for your loss.  I don't know that we will ever get over losing a parent but it does get better.  My mom passed on 5 months ago and a day doesn't go by that I don't miss her or think about her.  When I say that it gets better, I am talking about that crippling feeling inside where sometimes it feels like I had the wind knocked out of me.  I now get sadness only when I think about not seeing her again, at least in this life-time.  I don't know if you are a spiritual person but if you are, this would be a good time to ask HIM for comfort.  HE will comfort you during this difficult time.  Initially I felt some anger over losing my mom as well as much sadness but the truth is, I was so blessed to have her as my mom ... and the times that I could see her as a blessing, were the times that the sadness and anger lifted.  I guess what I am trying to say is that in feeling grateful, those difficult feelings of anger, depression, sadness have lifted.  Take care.  Cindy

Archived