Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Maybe some advice?

erip

• Members

Hello:

Here's the thing...my best friend is pregnant and when she found out (october 2013) she told me inmidiately that she want me to be the godmother of her baby, I was very happy and said of course, then on february 9 2014 my boyfriend died unexpectedly of a brain aneurysm. 

This weeks I haven't ask her about the baby because I feel so miserable and babies also make me think of something I will never have with Francisco. I feel terrible for feeling that way....today she text me and told me she has her 4d ultrasound and if I want to go with her I still havent reply but I don't want to, I'm not ready, it just breaks my heart and i wish i could share her hapiness but im not ready yet.

What do you think I should do? I know this is not an advice forum but its so hard to deal with all of this emotions.

Hugs to all.

E.

• Members

This is just me and what I would do.  I have always been an advocate of honesty. Even when it is uncomfortable. If you don't want to go, then don't.  I would be honest with her and let her know the reasons why too.  But that is just me.  Follow your own conscious.  Just remember, you and your feelings matter too.  

• Members

What do you think Francisco would have wanted you to do?  When I feel myself in an uncomfortable situation I think about what my husband would say if he could actually talk to me.  He would probably say something like "Life is for the living" and to definitely be involved with this baby.  Fill your heart and your mind with life.

I can't tell you what to do, only tell you what I feel and let you think about it.  This is your best friend experiencing something that she really wants to share with you.  Do you go with her and make her feel good or do you sit idly by and stay in your grief for this experience?  I personally would go because my best friends mean that much to me, that I would for go my own feelings for them.  But that is just me. 

• Members

Thank you Frankly and Hey Jude for your kind response.
I talked to my friend about how I felt and she understood, but even though I didnt go to the ultrasound I told her I would love to see the picture so the next day we sat down, she brought the picture and told me all about it, it was nice and my godson looks so cute!

Archived