Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Mums Passing

trace66

• Members

My Mum passed away on 3 March after being in an induced coma for 3 weeks. I was with her every day talking to her and holding her hand. I was never close to Mum as she had never ever told me that she loved me or cuddled me as a child. I'm finding it hard to accept that she's gone but never told me that she lived me. Her funeral is 4 April but I'm not sure what to write on the card for the flowers.

• Members

Trace66,

I am very sorry about the loss of your Mum. What do you feel like writing on the card for flowers? Write from your heart.

I moved your post to "Loss of a Parent," where others who have lost their precious parents and grandparents will be able to offer support.

We will be here for you.

ModKonnie

• Members

Hi Tracee

I am so sorry for your loss.  In reading what you have shared here it is obvious that you love your mom.  You were with her every day and holding her hand for those 3 difficult weeks.  My mom rarely told me that she loved me and regretfully I rarely told her BUT the love was there and we both knew it.  Today I think about the loving things that she did for me, like prepare good meals growing up, helping with home-work and encouraging me to do well in school, slipping me a few bucks when I needed it, and on and on.  Words are very important but so are all of the other things that a mother does for her child.  Go easy on her and yourself, I believe the love was there just in the fact that you were there for her in those last weeks.  Take care and I agree with Konnie to go with what is in your heart to write on the card for the flowers.  Cindy

Archived