Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Is it normal to dream of the grave?

Frenchie's Doris

• Members
Frenchie's Doris

I have not dreamed (that I remember) since my boyfriend passed away 6 weeks ago, and last night I had the first dream I can recall with such clarity.   

I was looking at his grave where he is buried.  It was daytime, mid-afternoon, on a grey overcast day but with little wind.  My dream showed me the real cemetary, as i can picture the hillside and the sea.  There was nobody else there - just silence (not even birds singing), and I saw that his head stone had arrived (we did not have it ready by the time he was buried).

But the headstone was completely blank. No name, dates, epitaph or anything.    And his grave had no flowers - grass - recently cut and not overgrown - but no flowers anywhere.

It was like the grave had been abandoned and that he has been forgotten by everyone. 

When I woke up, I felt even sadder than normal.  I can never forget him but I know life moves on and the living have to concentrate on their lives.  Not sure if this is him encouraging me to move on or saying please don't forget me.  Or just total bereavement stuff that has nothing to do with his spirit. 

Have others had similar dreams?   

Feeling confused and sad.

• Members
backyarder1

I haven't heard of any similar dreams, but I don't think you can call anything normal or not normal at this point. I think grief is a sort of insanity. I know that may sound extreme, but there are probably other people on this forum who would agree with me.

Archived