Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Fantasies - no not that kind

Alone

• Members

I moved back "home" just weeks after my husband died. I had this fantasy that my siblings in this area would provide love and support. In the 6 months I've lived here it's become crystal clear that you really can't ever go home again and that your birth family does not always mean love or support.

• Members

Do I ever hear ya on this one!!!  I think my sister has called me once in the past 14 months.  My in-laws who are all local to me don't contact me either.  It is as if I never was a part of this family.  It sucks.  We didn't have a bad relationship either, I just don't understand it.

• Members
backyarder1

Wow, I know exactly what you are talking about. Its not just family. Its friends too. There are people who I really thought loved me so you would think that they would at least check up on you every now and then to see if you are okay. But its very rare.

• Members

On a good note...

Yesterday was my Tom's birthday. It was the first time in 38 years that I didn't at least send him a card. I thought the day would be bad but it wasn't because of two of my stepsons and their children. We met for dinner last night at one of my Tom's favorite places to meet up with our boys. My Tom loved to play bingo so I bought bingo scratch-offs and we spent the first 30 minutes of our visit doing scratch-offs and recounting stories about my Tom's bingo habit.

So my stepsons, the ones I thought I would lose because of their mother, gave me the love, compassion and support that I needed so badly yesterday. Unfortunately, I can't see these guys often as they live about 2 1/2 hours away. My son came over after he got off work and stayed the rest of the night with me. I know that I'm fortunate to have my son close as my siblings are worthless.

• Members

I will be up on 2 years from the death of my husband in a month .  I do NOT expect to hear from his side of the family as they have not spoke to me in almost 2 years. - seams I did not hand over the family items they told me to on the day I laid him down.    I guess 32 years means nothing in their eyes.   well F them is how I look at it.   We pull our self up by the boot straps and go on.    wishing you all love and hugs.

• Members

I will be up on 2 years from the death of my husband in a month .  I do NOT expect to hear from his side of the family as they have not spoke to me in almost 2 years. - seams I did not hand over the family items they told me to on the day I laid him down.    I guess 32 years means nothing in their eyes.   well F them is how I look at it.   We pull our self up by the boot straps and go on.    wishing you all love and hugs.

. I think you and I share the same in laws!

• Members

My Dave passed 2 years ago, my in laws stay away from me and our children. They wanted things that I could or would NOT give!!!!

Archived