Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Miss my daddy so much, don't understand

Daddysgirl87

• Members

My daddy passed away suddenly December 7th 2013 at age 67 the funeral was dec 23 right befor christmasI miss him soo much i can't even describe the pain I feel inside I too am dealing with panic attacks/anxiety I've been to the er 3 times and they said I was having palpitations I don't sleep at night I keep thinking the worst like something will happen to my mom or husband or daughter I just don't understand why.. i can't get over this.. i lost my job due to my anxiety and I also quit college till next semester.. i just want my daddy back it really hurts me to know he's not here any more him and my mom were married 46 years and seeing her without my dad hurts me they were un seperateble she's been staying at my house on and off for the last 2 1/2 month.. i just want to start feeling better my doctor gave me xanax but I don't want to take them all the time.. my doctor also told me to go see a psychologist..

• Guests
Guest Kirbibizzle

My daddy passed away suddenly also on January 25th 2014 at age 62. I miss him just as badly as you miss your daddy. There are dozens of people here that want to help you get through this, Daddysgirl87. We all want our daddys back, but I am afraid that we can't have them back, at least not for a while. They will still always be with us though, in our minds and in our hearts and we should use those memories to keep us going even when it feels like there is nothing left to go on towards.

We must find a way through all of this so we can feel better. Medication is good if you absolutely need it, but you should not rely on it for how you feel. Also, seeing a psychologist may be good for you to deal with the meaning behind all of your pain attacks and anxiety. There might be a lot of unresolved issues that have been brought to the surface after your daddy passed.

I hope you can find peace with this. We are here for you.

-Kirbiboh

• Members

Let me start by saying that I am so sorry for your losses.  Praying for comfort for both of you.  When I was going through the loss of my mom this past October a friend told me to "feel my feelings."  She said to just go with them and cry if I feel like crying, scream if I feel like screaming and just be quiet if that is how I feel.  She told me that feelings are neither right nor wrong ... they just are.  Going through those feelings is testimony to the love that I have for my mom and that is a good thing.  For me the toughest part of each day is the mornings because I know that I won't be seeing my mom.  Once I get through that thought I just seem to be able to navigate through the rest of the day.  Although life will never the same since  my mom's passing and I still miss her so much, the heaviness of my heart is lifting with each day.  Just knowing that she is in a better place brings me comfort.  I hope this helps.  Take care.   Cindy

Archived