Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I've met someone

Lostherwillawaysloveher

• Members
Lostherwillawaysloveher

I've been approaching this with a lot of apprehension not sure if i'm ready. This girl makes me smile I can have intelligent conversations with her She makes me feel like I could be happy again. Not saying that it is her that fills a void, just that She has opened my eyes to the fact that I COULD be happy again. I haven't felt that in a long time. It's been almost a year since my wife passed I feel like this is too fast but I feel I would be foolish to punish myself any longer for something that was out of my control. I loved and will always love my late wife me and my boys still point out things that mom would like or want, she is still very much a part of our lives.

• Members

Congratulations! I don't think it is too soon at all. You definitely shouldn't feel guilty for finding love again. I think our spouses would want that for us.

• Members

Have not been following your story, but if you've met someone, congrats.  Don't know how old you are, but time is relentless and it is best served engaged with someone that can bring a new story to your life.  We never forgot those who have left, but hopefully they are not a negative but a positive influence going forward.  Not in my case though as if my ex- came back to life I'd punch her in the nose for what I've found out, but I'm sure you had a relationship that you will cherish to your grave.  Let us know how it goes, there are many of us "men' out here that will gain from your experience of balancing the past with the future.  I'm sure you have told your story to who you've met, but when do you stop the morning, and begin again the living.  Keep us informed.

• Members

Congrats! I have also found an awesome man to share simple things with movies , dinner and dancing im feeling partially alive again.. Guilt sometimes sets me back but he pulls me right out which isn't easy..lol. my girls are I think finally ok with me having a friend... I dont think they miss me crying and not being motivated to leave my room! I still cry..im thinking I always will..things are hard when you have kids cause they are also in grief its a very fine line...and they come first! My friend has me do things ive never done fish, hunt and where camo....who would have thought

• Members
backyarder1

How and where did you meet someone? Just curious. I keep trying to put myself out there where I will meet people. I would love to have a man to hang around with. So far, haven't met anyone.

Archived