Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My beautiful mum died in January

Netropath

• Guests
Guest Kirbibizzle
Everyone here is going through something similar to you, Netropath. You are not alone in this. Feel free to tell us your story, we can help each other.

My wonderful father also died in January. I never thought I could feel this intense kind of love for anyone. I never knew what I had until he was gone. I never knew how much strength he provided to me. I never knew how much I relied on him to give me that force I needed to keep going every day.

Now that he's gone, I'm so sad. I miss him so much, more with each passing day. 

• Members

Hi Kirbiboh

I just want to do things for her, like I used to.  I am doing things around her house and her garden, I am writing to her in a journal.  A friend tells me her energy is still with me and that energy transforms it doesn't die, but I don't believe him.  I want to talk to her, I just miss her so much.

Thanks

• Members

Netropath

I lost my Mom Dec 23rd, it was the worst day of my life.  I miss her so bad I could just dissipate into the universe.  I too, just keep wanting to do things for her, as I always did.  I want to just talk to my Mom too.

I lost both my Parents in the last two years.  I never thought I would be at this place in my life.

Life without my Mom feels meaningless.  I do KNOW for a fact that I when my time on this earth is done I will be with my Parents again, I know my Mom will be the first one waiting with her arms open for me.

I want to suggest two things to you.  You don't know me, so you might think I am crazy, but look up the show "Long Island Medium" (Netflix or YouTube), please trust me on that,  I NEVER paid attention to that kind of stuff, also get the book:

http://www.amazon.com/On-Life-after-Death-revised/dp/1587613182

We are all here for eachother!

Keep posting!

-Jill

• Members

My mother died on February 7th.  She had been living with me (and my husband) the last 5 months.  She was 86 years old.  I just turned 54.  I had been caring for her in a lot of ways because she was quite fragile, having been on dialysis the last 2.5 years.  I watched her health and spirit decline after the holidays were over and this brutal winter in Ohio set in.  She had to go out of the house four times a week for Drs./dialysis.  I had set up our 2nd and 3rd bedroom in my house for her bedroom/sitting rooms, and I had a stair glide installed and had walkers on both floors for her.  Most nights she would come down to my kitchen for dinner and we would sit together.  But I regret that I didn't sit with her in her sitting room very much.  It seems we were always checking in with each other, and I was a little torn between spending time with her and my husband.  I guess that's my biggest regret, and will always be with me, that I wish I had ...spent more time with her, just talking, and having her share more stories of her life.  Now I have her things left behind in my home and the sadness is crushing at times.  Even though I was trying to prepare myself for her passing for years, already grieving the loss of her vitality, when it happened I was taken by surprise.  Now sometimes I feel afraid, anxious, and I'm not sure of what.  Maybe it's just the void, the silence on my 2nd floor, the overpowering sadness, the fact that I no longer have her reassuring loving presence in my life.  Out of 7 children, my sister and I were closest to mom.  I thank God I have her to lean on right now.  I know this will get "better" but I don't see myself ever really getting over it and I will always miss her and there will be a hole in my heart ...until I can join her.  She was an amazing and beautiful lady inside and out.  I know she'd want me to move on when I'm ready, so I'm trying to do my best to just ...keep going right now.  Thank you for reading...   

• Members
glamourtech

My mom died a week ago today. She had fought cancer for 13 Years. When I first learned of her passing I was driving by the ocean. My first thought was "I gotta get to the water, thats where I will find my mom" mom loved the ocean. I plan to go there morevoften than normal...I love the ocean too...just to be near her. If your mom loved her garden, why not talk to her there? I wish you well and hope you find the pescebi am sure your mum wishes you to have.

Archived