Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Not sure how to handle the loss of unborn child

jiggs93

• Members

I haven't really had luck with loved ones in the past four years. My grandmother passed away in January 2010 from cancer, My Step Brother in November 2011,  My grandfather in June 2012 to Kidney faliure, And just recently lost my unborn child on January 8th of this year. I haven't had a break to really deal with all the stress, ontop of looking after my sick partner. Losing our child pretty much has destroyed me. I've heard many people say "It's not your fault, something had to have been wrong with the baby for it to not make it" but that doesn't really help when it's you that is going through the loss worse of anyone. I have no one to turn to, my partner has pretty much pushed it to the back of his mind. The day after I miscarried, he told me to get over it, so I didn't even have him to talk to. If  anyone can give me any advice, or something, I would appreciate it a lot. I don't know how to get past this, it feels like each day that goes by I keep falling.

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

I am sorry for the loss of your unborn child and for the loss of grandparents and step-brother. Too many losses in just a short time...

I found a grief author that addresses the loss during pregnancy, here is her blog from Still Standing Magazine about different types of child loss:

http://stillstandingmag.com/author/devan/

Please take good care of yourself...

Laurie

Archived