Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

The Dreaded day of reflection....1 year

Austykatie

• Members

As I was napping earlier, I suddenly woke up. I looked at the clock and here it was the time that last year one year ago today I had received the last text message from Jim. How is that possible? I remember like its happening right now that icky feeling I had in my stomach that day and how something just didn't feel right. How am I going to get through this day/night without having a panic attack? Why did this have to happen? I know it's real but why does it feel like it was just yesterday yet I feel like it was so long ago?

So many thoughts.... As Jim was a musician one of the only ways I thought about getting through today was to go to a concert tonight he would have wanted to be at. So in a few hours my friend and I are off to a concert and dinner at one of his favorite steakhouses!

A year ago today....my life changed forever!

• Members

Katie - I am thinking of you and praying for you today. My one year mark was on the 8th, I think we talked before about our angel dates being so close together. For me the days leading up to the date were worse than the day, every moment of the year before kept playing thru my head all day, every day, almost drove me crazy. On the DAY, I just felt yet another first to just get thru the best way I knew how. I was in California at the time, my daughter insisted we all go to Disneyland, said Ron would want me to be happy (which was always his goal). I had some bad moments that day and some really good moments with my grand babies, but the good news is I made it thru the day.

Hoping the best for you this day!!

Archived