Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Happy Valentine's Day to Us!!

backyarder1

• Members

I just wanted to tell everyone how I have been dealing with Valentines Day. I went to a Hallmark store on Monday and bought cards for everyone I could think of who has really been there for me since Tom passed away. Believe me, it isn't really all that easy to find cards that are just for special friends, but I found quite a few that seemed perfect for certain people.

And I wrote nice notes in them all and mailed them all out so that everyone should get them in time for Valentines Day.

I sent flowers to the friend who has been there the MOST for me and she lives near Atlanta, so I'm not sure they will be able to get delivered with the storms they are having.

I also bought a little arrangement and took them to one of the grief counselors who has helped me, because she is a widow too and I wasn't sure that she would get any Valentines this year.

I did it because I truly love all of them for what they have done for me. But I also know that some of them will react by calling me or emailing me to thank me, so it might just bring me a little bit of love BACK on Valentines Day.

As for what I will do tomorrow, I'm just planning on staying home alone with my thoughts about Tom. I need to take a day every few days to just grieve and cry and tomorrow is as good a day as any.

• Members
Tryingtohavehope

I bought my mom two candles today because shes been the one who has been there the most for me (she loves candles!) Tomorrow I will be giving my coteacher a card thanking her for sitting and crying with me when I need it! She gave me a box of chocolates today because she knows my valentine is now in Heaven! We also have a "party" at work for the kids so I'm going to focus on making their day as fun as possible. I will be sending my love a lil valentine quote to his facebook page and telling him how much I miss & love him! I hope everyone (including myself) has a Happy Valentine's Day!!! :)

Archived