Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost them both

Xspanishbeautyx

• Members
Xspanishbeautyx

Both my parents were killed in a headon colition by a drunk driver. Don't really know how to. Deal with it all

• Guests
Guest Kirbibizzle

Dear Xspanishbeautyx,

I am so sorry to hear about your parents. I lost my dad suddenly as well, though through different circumstances. You are not alone in this situation, many people are facing the same tragedy as you are. We are all here to support you.

There is really no right or wrong way to "deal" with something like this. Sometimes you just need to break down and let out all your anger and frustration and tears. Sometimes you need to ask yourself why this happened, but there is no answer. Things just happen and we can't control them.

This truly was a senseless act, there was no reasoning behind it. Drunk driving is a terrible thing that destroys families. I would never wish the pain of losing a parent on anyone, but you lost both of yours and my heart breaks all over again for you. I hope you can get the help you need to somehow recover from this. There are many places you can turn to for help, such as grief counseling.

The pain might never fade, but the best you can do right now is keep their memory alive and trying your best to make it through this. One minute at a time, I tell myself.

• Members
WhereIsMyHome

I'm so sorry to hear what happened to you, your mom and dad.  It's overwhelming.  I can't imagine how much pain you must feel, but I lost both my mom and dad this past November, within 2 days of one another.  My dad died on Nov. 8, 2013, and my mom died 2 days later.  My dad passed away within the first 10 minutes of surgery, and my mom 2 days later when, after being unable to deal with the pain of losing my dad, her heart gave out.  I feel that this is something that happened to the 3 of us, to me, to mom and to dad.  At times their absence is just too much for me to bear.  Losing one parent causes extreme pain, but losing both is almost too much for a human being to deal with.  I try to keep going, and pretend my life is moving forward, but it isn't.  It's frozen in time, to the moments when they died.  

Do you have any brothers or sisters, or any family?  

Both my parents were killed in a headon colition by a drunk driver. Don't really know how to. Deal with it all

Archived