Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My humorous thought for the day

backyarder1

• Members

This is what I feel like a lot of the time that I am talking to people.

They say "How are you doing?"

And I open my mouth and some words come out but what I really mean is "I'm still plodding along, trying to get out of this hell I am in."

And they say something that sounds like "Well, okay. Call me when you get back to being normal."

hahah. It's like they ask how I am but don't really want to hear it or know it. Ya know?

• Members
MissingDaniel

Yes, I do know.  The more this happens, the less likely we are to say anything close to how we are really feeling.  I wonder sometimes why people even bother asking!  I guess they think this is just what they are supposed to do.

• Members

You know ladies...I kinda think that is right.  Why they ask.  They want to hear that we are doing good.  I know that for me, all the sudden I was like "I'm doing good!!"  They would say "really?" and I'd say "yeah, I really am doing good" and it was almost like at that moment I realized that I really am doing so much better than I was.

I belong to another forum called The Widdahood.  The gal that started it has written a book called Confessions of a Mediocre Widow.  It is the best book I have read yet on all this grief shyte!!  I think you girls would really like it.  Check it out...

http://catherinetidd.com/books

The forum is kinda fun too.

• Members

I am reading her book right now because you had recommended it before. I didn't like most of the beginning but I like the part that I'm at now, where she is just starting to go out and socialize and look for a counselor.

Archived