Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost mom 2 years ago

Lostjude

• Members

My mom passed away two years ago last wee and this week is her birthday. I miss her more this year. I don't know why. I too am thinking about all I didn't do for her. How I was impatient with her, how I wish I could have given her a different life. She had such a hard one.

I am also the oldest, my sister and I aren't close and I just feel so alone. Like my family, birth family, is disappearing. Does anyone else feel like this? I feel like a fifty four year old orphan.

• Guests
Guest Kirbibizzle

Hello Lostjude,

I am less than half your age, and my dad passed away 2 weeks ago. It's extremely painful because it's so fresh, but I knew one day he would have to go at the rate he was smoking and not taking care of himself. There is a lot of guilt that I couldn't get him to live more healthy, but he was happy and that was what mattered most to me. I will always cherish the time we spent together and one day I hope to be as happy as I felt being around him again.

I have a step-brother but he lives half the country away and we rarely speak. I'm basically on my own, just my mom and I now. My mom is not in the best of health either, she can barely walk and suffers from a lot of chronic pain. I know it is just a matter of time before I lose her too, and that will be painful to have lost both of them. But even when you've lost everything else, not all hope is lost. We will all eventually be orphans in the physical sense, but the memories of our loved ones will carry on for as long as we allow them to. I will keep my dad's strength with me to help me push through whatever curveballs life will bring. I don't ever want to forget about the person he has turned me into.

• Members

Hey lostjude

im now 21 and lost my mum last year it does hurt but as everyone keeps telling me it gets easier i am hopefull. It is so hard and i just feel lost. I want her back. Pm me if u need to talk :)

• Members

My mom passed away two years ago last wee and this week is her birthday. I miss her more this year. I don't know why. I too am thinking about all I didn't do for her. How I was impatient with her, how I wish I could have given her a different life. She had such a hard one.

I am also the oldest, my sister and I aren't close and I just feel so alone. Like my family, birth family, is disappearing. Does anyone else feel like this? I feel like a fifty four year old orphan.

Hello Lostjude, I lost my Momma 9 October 2011 and yesterday 20 February was her birthday. I miss her more and more every day. I also think about what I could do for her now being I am financially able to. I have no relationship with no one other than one brother and his son. Yes I feel all has disappeared which in my case is good, because they expect me to take care of them financially. I am 46, so try not to feel like an orphan. When I feel lonely I talk to my Momma and God and it makes it easier for me. If you want to talk I am open.

Archived