Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of only child & no grandchildren

msmom

• Members

Hi all, thought I would write this one in hopes of culling out of the group, those interested in connecting who are in this sub-groups of parents who lost a child. I'm desperate to hear how anyone survives this. thank you.

• Members

Hello msmom, I haven't been on this site in so long and really have some guilt about it. It brings back so many memories of when my daughter first died. So many people helped me and supported me and then I just quit going on the site anymore and didn't help anyone. My daughter was my only child. She died when she was 21. She would have just turned 30 in Februray. It has really hit my lately that I won't be having grandchildren-ever. Amelia loved kids and I am almost positive she would be married with children had she lived.

Please tell me about your son. I would love to hear about him and how you are feeling about things. I must tell you I stayed in la la land for 2 years. Let your grief come, don't fight it. It is the most painful thing you will ever have to go through. No, it never goes away but in time (years) you learn to move forward and the heartache is always there and you never forget but you learn to live again and life can be good, just different. I know the heartache is unbearable. I could go on forever on what and how you must be feeling right now. Please don't hesitate to share with me if it will help you.

Peggy (Amelia's mom forever)

• Members

Peggy...

I lost my only son in September and I, too, am so heartbroken that I won't have grandchildren...or see my son get married...or help him buy his first house.  So many firsts I won't be a part of now, but this site has been a lifesaver for me.  You are certainly correct in that.  I'm glad you are back...hope all is well.  Thoughts to you.

Archived