Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

New job??????

Pastors widow

• Members
Pastors widow

I am an English teacher. I drive 42 miles each way to get to school. I am taking $500 out of my savings account each month to pay for the gas to get to work. I need a new job, but I signed a contract till the end of school. If I opt out of my contract, it will cost me $750. There is a job that I would love to have but it is in Lincoln. I would have to move and they want someone to start right away. I don't know if I should even apply. 

This is something I would have talked to Brad about and gotten his opinion and advice. But he's not here and I don't know what to do. I find myself just existing, but I know I need to start moving forward and regain so sort of life. However, this is one of those things that has me stumped. HELP!

• Members

Just my opinion but I think you should apply for the job. If you don't get it, nothing's lost. If they offer you the position, you can decide if it's worth the $750 to opt out of your contract.

Karen

• Members

I think you should apply too.  If you do get it and have to pay the $750 you will quickly make up for that by the gas money you save.

Archived