Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My wife died 8years ago..

Flyaway grey

• Members

My wife died 8years ago. She died suddenly from cancer.This year will be her 9th year gone. We had 6 kids together and all of them were really young under the age of 9 when she passed away. Now that the kids are older instead of it getting easier it's getting harder. My oldest daughter who is now a senior in high school think her mom left her and abandoned her. She wants to try and find her. This year she is graduating and going to prom. She really misses her mother. They were really close. She's trying to deal with it in counseling but won't talk. I have another child graduating middle school this year and one going to middle school next year. Instead of it getting easier it's getting harder every year. My wife won't see our kids graduate, go to prom, or see them attend college. I wish I could have one more day with her. It saddens me to see my daughter miss her mom so much. It saddens me even more that my wife won't see our kids grow up or won't be here for me as I get older. I don't know how to deal with this. Sometimes I wish I could've done more for her. I feel overwhelmed and heartbroken that as the years pass and my kids get older I'm going to be alone.

Archived